Check here for upcoming events benefiting the MSAC Capital Campaign.
Previous, recent events have included:
ANNUAL MEETING AND RIBBON-CUTTING inaugurating the re-built Center, June 27, 2012.
A Wonderful DINNER/SILENT AUCTION AND RAFFLE January 28, 2012 that netted about $5000. for the campaign. A lot of work but a lot of fun.
If you want to know what you missed, click here for our gallery of pictures of silent auction items.
THE MONTPELIER HOME TOUR ON OCTOBER 15 – A SUCCESS!
Five private homes in Montpelier were highlighted during the Montpelier Home Tour October 15, presented by the Montpelier Chamber Orchestra. Our MSAC, together with four other local organizations, sponsored this fun activity and provided volunteer “docents” at one of the homes for the event. Fascinating! If you missed it, try it next year!
CITY HALL CENTENNIAL CONCERT/DANCE
Our first event of 2011 was a great fund-raising concert/dance May 21 at Vermont College. This show featured many Vermont musicians, volunteering their services to raise money for us and for the REACH Program. So, if you were lucky enough to have been at the October Concert/Dance event at City Hall, you know how fortunate we have been to have such great local musicians and what great people they are to have volunteered for this event . If you like live pop music, if you like to dance, then you were there!
COMMUNITY DESIGN FEEDBACK FORUM
If you didn’t make it to the Community Design Feedback Forum, you can still give your input via email. Please feel free to answer these questions and send them in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Even though the physical design of the building is fixed, there remains a lot of flexibility in the what and when and how.
- LOCATION of ACTIVITIES: There are a lot of community activities in our area that appeal to and are attended by seniors. What particular types of activities and programs of interest to area seniors do you think are best held at MSAC than at some other location?
- EVENING ACTIVITIES: What evening/after-dark activities might you be interested in attending at MSAC (e.g. movie screenings, dramatic readings, author readings, wine/food tastings, dances, etc.)? Would you need transportation other than your own car to attend such events?
- OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES: Can you think of ways to incorporate outdoor activity, such as gardening, into MSAC’s activities and perhaps physical space?
- SCHEDULING of ACTIVITIES: Some activities require quiet (e.g. yoga, discussion groups) and some call for lots of social interaction (meals). If they’re taking place within the MSAC space (vs. across the street at the Rec. Center) how can we make sure the two don’t conflict?
- ACCESSIBILITY: What special needs (e.g. hearing, vision, physical mobility limitations) are you aware of that the Center ought to be sure to accommodate?
- PARKING: How can we make parking for the Center adequate, accessible and affordable?
- GROUPS: Are there interests groups you are a part of, or would like to be a part of, that don’t currently have gatherings at MSAC but perhaps could in the future–e.g. book discussion groups, play reading groups, support groups?
- RESOURCES: What kinds of help or resource coordination would you like to see offered at MSAC in such areas as health, nutrition, fitness, financial management, Medicare/Medigap, estate/tax planning, etc.?
OTHER THINGS WE MAY HAVE MISSED? Please share these questions with others who may be interested.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR THOUGHTS!